Friday, January 2, 2009

Friday Free For all- Beauty Within







These videos speak volumes to me on my bad days. When I am fighting the beast, I have been known to watch these over and over and over. It reminds me that real beauty is not what we see in movies and on TV, that's make-up and airbrush. Beauty is everyday people with their flaws. Beauty is whats within.

It reminds me that my outer shell is not me. Emma is not defined by that. I am defined by the person inside me. I'm still working on figuring out who she is but I know she is beautiful. If society doesn't see that, it isn't my fault.

My hope is all the little girls who are out there, headed down the road I travel, would stop and see that freckles and pimples and bad hair are part of you. I would hope that, before it is ingrained in them, they could see that people come in all shapes and sizes. I would hope that they could know that they are beautiful regardless.

I leave you today with a video that is my mantra of late. Now and then, I get insecure from all the pain, I'm so ashamed but I am beautiful, no matter what say. Words can't bring me down! I am beautiful in every single way, words can't bring me down. So Don't you bring me down today.

No comments:

Post a Comment